Premium

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Photo: President-elect Muhammadu Buhari, Osinbajo Receives Certificate of Return...Promise To Govern Judiciously

President-elect, Muhammadu Buhari today receives his Certificate of Return from the Chief Returning Officer, Prof. Attahiru Jega after his declaration as the winner of the 2015 Presidential Election in Nigeria. In his acceptance speech, Buhari promise never to rule over Nigerians rather to govern with support of the people.

His words: "This is not the first time that Nigerians have voted for us, but this is the first time it has been allowed to count. There shall be no favouritism for any Nigerian based on gender, religion or ethnicity. This will be a democracy in form, substance and how it interacts with its people. On the problems of insecurity, corruption and economic decline, I promise to give my best. I also seek your voice and input. You can always go to bed knowing that you are safe and your safety is guaranteed."

 

He continues: "for those who voted for me, who voted against me and those who did not vote at all, we are one nation. You are all my people and I see everyone of you as my own. I thank INEC and the Nigerian police, the media, labour, youths and students for their role in this election."

No comments: