Premium

Monday, June 1, 2015

Osas Ighodaro’s True Confession “When He Proposed To Me, I Cried Like A Baby” “I Wooed Gbenro And Not The Other Way” “It Was Friendship At First Before Love Affair” -Gbenro Ajibade



It is no more news that Mnet TV series, Tinsel stars, Gbenro Ajibade and Osas Ighodaro will be getting married in the US later this year; July precisely. However, many people who know about the sizzling romance may not know that it was the dropped dead gorgeous lady Osas who initiated the affair.
Gbenro who played ‘Soji’ in the TV series aside being an actor is one of the top models in Nigeria while Osas is a TV personality and former Miss Black USA 2010.
Many who have been following the very popular TV series will know that this is not the first time Tinsel will be producing other couples; it has joined Tinsel co-stars: Damilola Adgbite ‘Telima’ and Ghanaian actor, Chris Attoh who played ‘Kwame’ in the past. They reportedly fell in love with each other after meeting on set. Also, Florence Uwaleke who played Ene and Iyke Okechukwu who played Chuks as a couple in the TV series, actually got married in reality not too long ago. Surprisingly, out of all the three couples, it is only Osas that admitted she came on Gbenro before the relationship commenced. This and many more was part of what couple discussed with Kunle Rasheed and Akinrimisi Olatunbosun last week while hanging out on the Island. Read on


What is the attraction between both of you?
                                       GBENRO
The attraction basically was friendship; because for me friendship matters a lot. I have had bad experiences from bad friends; so for me it is just friendship.
                                             OSAS
Well, same for me, I think it’s just friendship as he had rightly said. At that time when I just came back from the states (USA), I do not know anyone and I didn’t get that feeling of wanting to know someone even though people were coming to me but I never had any feelings. But for him, it was never the same feeling at all. We were able to have a simple discussion and build that friendship.
           
       HOW WERE YOU SURE HE WAS’NT FAKING IT?
OSAS: you know as a woman even if you have that feeling, you are not ever sure. But for me, I felt that genuine feeling, because I just came and I already had experiences of other people saying we should talk, we should get along and stuffs like, they like me. But with him, it is different. In the states, I had male friends and out here it seems to be different. Guys would be like, okay let me get with you, what can you do for me and all of that. With Gbenro, it was just something else, he reminded me of my friends back in the states where it was just pure friendship, going to the gym with your male friends, playing video games and other stuffs and it was all just friendship.   
  
    HOW ARE YOU SURE A DREEDLOCK WEARING GUY LIKES YOU?
OSAS: I think that’s the impression here in Nigeria. That doesn’t change anything about him; you never judge a book by its cover which was how I grew up in the states; you judge by character and that was why I said that genuine character from Gbenro was what attracted me.

     HOW DID YOU GET TO THE POINT OF AGRREING TO MARRY HIM?
OSAS: if a man is going to propose to you as a woman you wouldn’t know.
GBENRO: it took her like three years to overcome the situation, and I think three year is more than enough for you to know the relationship was heading somewhere.
OSAS: And also it wasn’t in my radar, I didn’t think of it, I am enjoying and I am still enjoying the relationship, but I never felt that it was coming, I have no idea, I think women knows where relationships is heading. It was really not hard for me because I knew in my heart that he was the one.
AT WHAT POINT DID YOU KNOW HE WAS SERIOUS ABOUT THE RELATIONSHIP BEFORE THE PROPOSAL?
OSAS: I think women should know whether you are with the person for  two month or ten years; you know it’s just that it is an indescribable feeling and I knew. But I had no idea that he was thinking of getting married as well even when he told me we are going to be together forever. You know, but I just had no idea that he was going to propose, it wasn’t in my radar or anything; I had no idea. When it happened, it was very dramatic, I was crying like a baby.
  THE FIRST TIME YOU GUYS MEET DID IT OCCUR TO YOU THEN THAT SOMETHING WAS GOING TO HAPPEN BETWEEN BOTH OF YOU?
That’s the thing am saying I remembered like it was yesterday, it was in the Tinsel corridor and he was walking over; before him, I had met a lot of the cast from the  TV series at the time. But I haven’t met some other couple of characters on the show and he was one of them.  It was the third or fourth day that I was on set and I saw this really tall guy walking towards me. He told me I looked good and all that; but in my experience, actors are not tall, most actors that I know are not tall, so when I finally met Gbenro in person, I had to stop and look up like wow, you’re tall and that was the first impression. It wasn’t that he was extremely handsome or he has nice build up body, it was simply because of his height.
   ARE YOU NOT SCARED THAT PEOPLE GET TO COME TOGERTHER AND DRIFT APART Especially In Nigerian Entertainment Circle.
GBENRO: But so far nothing has happen between the both of us so far.
OSAS: That was why I was a bit reluctant as to why Gbenro would not let our relationship out of the bag before he proposed. I wanted people to know that we are dating, I wanted pictures to get out there online to announce what we are experiencing, and honestly, I really didn’t get why I was in love with this man and he prevented me from shouting off the mountain top that I love him. But he was always telling me that he had experiences of being in the industry and if you want this relationship to last, trust me, it not going to be kept out there. As for now that we are engaged and we put it out there, that is when I realized some of the reasons why he doesn’t want to let people know and now I see what he was talking about.   
HAVE YOU EVER HAD AN ENCOUNTER WITH SOMEONE HE HAS DATED IN THE PAST? 
OSAS: I am only friend with one of them, and I am not scared, you know the thing is that I know my boundaries, I see some of his ex girls and I say hello to them, it’s just that I can’t hate you because you have once dated Gbenro, Gbenro is a very good looking, sweet guy, so I am not going to say anything or get angry when I see someone he has dated before me, but if now, you’re trying to get with my man, then there would be problem.
                  DO YOU FEEL INTIMIDATED With His Good Looks?
OSAS
Why should I be, I am good looking too. I don’t mean to blow my own trumpet but its about self confidence and that is what every man should have, because it goes a very long way not just in relationship also in career.
HOW DID YOU GET TO TALK TO HER/HOW DID YOU DO IT.
Gbenro
I consulted my native doctor(laughs) he gave me egbekoko(laughs), seriously our case was totally different in terms of everything because it was a gradual process. It passed through phases; it’s a ball and if I’m trying to break it down into pieces it would look like what happens when the sperm hit the eggs to form a child, so what you guys are seeing now is the baby that the sperm and the egg produced.  It’s a gradual process, I said friendship went a very long way and we were friends for a very long time.
 How Did The Wooing Part Happen?
OSAS: the thing is that our friendship started out with the fact that I was wondering where I could workout in Nigeria, because Tinsel had me stationed in a hotel and I didn’t get to go out. So, Gbenro was a good friend that actually showed me around. I actually didn’t feel any sort of sexual attraction towards him at first, we were just friends and the thing is that it wasn’t Gbenro that came on me (wooed); It was me, I came on him, everyone would probably think it was  Gbenro that came to me to initiate the romance, it was me that came on him and it was interesting.
ARE YOU NOT SCARED THAT YOU MIGHT NOT BE ABLE TO GET WHAT YOU WANT, KNOWING FULLY WELL ABOUT THE PERSECPTION OF LOVE IN NIGERIA.
OSAS: I grew up in the states and love is another type of thing out there; the men are very, very romantic and out here it’s unfortunate because Nigeria men are not as romantic as they can be. I am not saying Gbenro is not romantic, I am just saying the general scenario type of a Nigerian man. But Gbenro was able to kick whatever doubt I had or the perception I had about Nigerian men with his unique ways of making me feel like a real woman
WHAT HAVE YOU GUYS DONE OUTSIDE THE CONFINES OF YOUR ROOM TO SHOW YOUR LOVE TO EACH OTHER?
GBENRO: A lot, I have done a lot of things; you know different people have their orientation on various ways to show love. For the purpose of our own case, the world we are and given the fact that she’s also in the industry, doesn’t mean we would let everything out, I mean it’s our personal life and it our own story.
  CAN THE INDUSTRY GET BETWEEN THE BOTH OF YOU?
No
Have you ever had your heart broken By a lover before?
Yeah, it has happened a few times and I know its part of life.
What Puts You Off? I abhor negative people, I don’t like people who are not confident. And if there is any big thing that I get scared of daily, its violence; I cant stand violence of any form.

What would have become Osas in 10years to come?  10 years could appear a long time but its not actually. In 10 years, a lot would have happened and I  know by His Grace, I’ll still working in the world of entertainment. In 10 years, I’ll definitely would have increased my family & success....